One key consideration when choosing a home security system is how convenient it is to use. Remote monitoring provides the ability to observe and manage your home security system remotely with mobile applications, which makes it easy to increase your home’s safety.
Some of the most important features of remote monitoring include:
- Real-time alerts to give homeowners instant notifications on their mobile devices if there’s a security breach or other unusual activity. Alerts are included for motion sensors, door and window sensors, and other security devices.
- Live video streaming (if set up) to allow homeowners to view the property in real-time even when they aren’t home.
- Security feature controls to allow homeowners to arm or disarm the security system from a distance. If other smart-home features, such as lights, locks, and thermostats, are available, you can integrate these into the security system to automate your entire home. This can provide a more intelligent, responsive, and efficient home.
- History logs and event playbacks, so you can view and share specific incidents as well as see when a system has been armed or disarmed or to view any past sent alerts.
- Two-way communication can also be set up, so you can easily communicate with your family or visitors at your home. For example, if a family member forgot a key or a friend is stopping by to drop off dinner, you can easily unarm the alarm and let them in—even if you aren’t home.
In short, remote monitoring via mobile applications adds convenience and control, so your home security system is more interactive, responsive, and integrated.
Remote Monitoring = Enhanced Security
Remote monitoring significantly enhances home security in several ways to make your home safer. This includes:
- Instant alerts if there’s any unusual activity, such as a window breaking, a door opening, or unexpected motion in the home or yard. That way, you can check the live feed and alert a neighbor, family member, or the authorities, depending on the cause. (For instance, a dog running through the yard may be appropriate for a family member or neighbor to manage, whereas a break-in in progress will require the authorities.)
- Detering potential intruders as the mere presence of security cameras and evidence of a security system can cause potential burglars to skip your home. Burglars can be discouraged, knowing their actions could be recorded or that the homeowner could be watching them in real-time to alert the authorities.
- 24/7 monitoring by the homeowner means there are always eyes on the property, so any threats can be addressed immediately.
- Live feeds allow homeowners to verify whether a threat is real or just a false alarm. Reducing false alarms ensures law enforcement will be quick to respond in the case of a real emergency. The homeowner can also provide real-time information and perhaps even live footage, potentially aiding in a safer, more effective response.
- Greater control as you can arm your system (or check to make sure it’s armed) if you forgot. And again, if you need to let someone onto your property, you can disarm the system and then rearm it after they’ve left.
- Integration is the name of the game for people with smart homes. You can use one remote monitoring program to integrate your home security, lights, locks, and other smart devices for greater home security.
- Data and evidence can be invaluable for identifying patterns of suspicious activities or providing evidence if a crime is committed.
By combining immediate access, real-time alerts, and the ability to respond swiftly to potential threats, remote monitoring substantially increases the overall safety and security of a home.
In addition to the above enhanced security benefits, remote monitoring has other attractive benefits. These include greater peace of mind, knowing you can check on your home at any time, from any location. So, whether you’re away at work, taking a much-earned vacation, or are just out running errands or spending time with friends and family, you can check in on your home or be alerted if something happens at your home.
You can easily customize your alerts and settings to your own preferences. For instance, you can set up specific alerts for different types of activities or choose when to receive notifications.
If you have children or older people in your home, you can also use the system to help keep an eye on family members. You can also invest in systems that include sensors to monitor environmental risks like smoke and carbon monoxide detection and water leaks, which adds another layer of safety for you and your family.
Remote monitoring can also lead to insurance discounts as well as energy savings from lowering the thermostats or turning off lights and appliances when no one is home. Home alarms can also increase the value of your property if you are interested in selling in the future. All of these benefits can make your home security system an even better financial investment.
Check out our packages and call now for a free quote at 1-855-518-4458 and talk with an expert about a customized package to keep your home safe and secure with remote monitoring. Remember, a security system could help you save on homeowner’s insurance and offer additional safety and protection.